Pediatrician in Frisco, TX
Our board certified pediatric provider Dr. Sree, MD is providing medical and healthcare services. For more information please call us or request an appointment online. We serve patients from Frisco TX, Allen TX, Little Elm TX, The Colony TX, McKinney TX, Prosper TX, Aubrey TX, Oak Point TX, Lakewood Village TX, Plano TX and Dallas TX.
Table of Content:
Meet Our Doctor – Dr. Sreemdevi Ramakrishnan (Dr.Sree)
Dr. Sree is a Board Certified Pediatrician in Frisco and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. She has more than fifteen years experience in pediatrics, most recently in the Chicago area.
Dr. Sree completed her Pediatric Residency at the University Of Illinois College Of Medicine at Peoria, Illinois. Here she was appointed Chief Resident of Pediatrics in 2007 and awarded Outstanding Chief Resident of the year. She subsequently built a successful outpatient pediatric practice in Illinois in the greater Chicago area. Apart from managing a busy outpatient pediatric practice she challenged herself by taking on roles of being a pediatric hospitalist, managing newborns in level 1 and 2 NICU and being the Medical Director of Walter Lawson Children’s Home. The Children’s nursing home gave her the opportunity to care for more than a hundred children with a wide range of chronic and challenging health conditions. In 2016, she and her family decided to move to Texas and she began working with Texas Health Hospital before moving to Frisco in 2017.
Dr Sree Ramakrishnan incorporates the philosophy of “Food is medicine and Medicine is food “and integrates diet and nutrition to treat various common child hood illnesses.
She also has special interest in treating children with allergies, asthma, attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder and focuses on childhood development and nutrition. She was the first recipient of the Excellence in Asthma Care Blue Ribbon Award in the State of Illinois.”
She has memberships in:
– Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics
– American Academy of Pediatrics – Section of Integrative Medicine
– Texas Medical Association
She has been awarded:
– Excellence in Asthma Care Blue Ribbon Award from State of Illinois Health connect
– Resident Research Award in UICOMP, Peoria, 2008
– Maitland Award for proficiency in Clinical Medicine and Surgery in Madras Medical College, 1998
– The National Pediatric Nephrology Prize, 2001
Our Pediatrician has privileges at the following area hospitals
– Baylor Scott & White Medical Center at Frisco
– Children’s Medical Center Plano
Dr. Sree is a proud mother of three kids. She loves to travel, be outdoors and watch movies with her family. She enjoys meditating, yoga, and reading requests. When she has extra time she loves to get involved with the community projects, one in particular at this time is wanting to reach out to the schools and provide for vision screening and involved with their PTA’s.
GETTING TO KNOW DR. SREE
– What’s your medical specialty? Pediatrics
– Where did you go to medical school? Madras Medical College, India.
– Where did you obtain your residency? University of Illinois College of Medicine, Peoria, Illinois.
– Why did you become a Pediatrician? I LOVE KIDS!
– Why should patients choose you as their Pediatrician? As a mom I understand a parents deepest fears and greatest needs and able to provide their children compassionate care with love, respect and upmost level of knowledge.
– If you were not a doctor, what would you do for a career? A Chef. Food and nutrition is one of my greatest interests. My knowledge of cooking and spices helps me use them in my “KITCHEN PHARMACY”. Since I consider food as medicine I advise parents on appropriate nutrition which will aid in the cure of diseases.
– What is the vision for your practice at Pediatric Associates of Frisco? I would love for every kid and family who walks through our doors to be able to experience perfect health. My goal as a Pediatrician is preventative care and my intention for all the children, who are our future, is to be guided to a life of utmost health and happiness.
– What do you feel is the most important part of doctor-patient communication? Love and Compassion
– What’s your favorite food? Italian
– Where were you born? Chennai , India
– If you could have any superpower what would you choose? Ability to do all types of Magic!
– What is your favorite flavor of ice-cream? Vanilla
– What do you do in your spare time? Meditation, Reading requests, Listening to music, spending time with my kids and traveling the world.