Benefits of Seeing a Pediatrician Q&A
It’s beneficial for children to see a pediatrician regularly to make sure of their proper development, nutrition, and health issues. Our board-certified doctor, Dr. Sree, MD, has more than fifteen years of experience in pediatrics. Visit us during our business hours for your child’s health problems. We are conveniently located at 9191 Kyser Way, Suite 405, Frisco, TX 75033. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Why is seeing a pediatrician important?
What are the five main responsibilities of a pediatrician?
What can pediatricians help with?
What are the common causes of illness in children?
A pediatrician is one of the most important medical professionals your child should have in their life. In this article, you can learn the benefits of seeing a pediatrician for your child and more!
If you’re looking for a medical professional who can provide the best quality care for your child on an ongoing basis, a board-certified pediatrician is an ideal choice. Board-certified pediatricians are expertly trained in treating, diagnosing, preventing, and managing conditions that affect children and adolescents. Additionally, they also have an in-depth understanding of how conditions affect children and those that uniquely affect them or affect them at a higher rate. This knowledge helps them identify issues earlier and provide effective treatment so those issues are addressed with success.
Furthermore, pediatricians also have an extensive understanding of the emotional, physical, and physiological needs of children and adolescents as they grow and develop. This extensive understanding gives pediatricians expertise in monitoring your child’s development so you can know when they are hitting developmental milestones, whether they are ahead, right on track, or need some extra assistance to meet those milestones. As they monitor your child’s development, they can also introduce preventive health measures at ideal times to ensure your child continues to stay as healthy as possible.
Here are five of the main responsibilities of a pediatrician in detail:
– Diagnosing illness: Like any doctor, one of the main responsibilities of a pediatrician is diagnosing illnesses and injuries that children and adolescents experience. The diagnoses may occur through X-rays, blood tests, physical examinations, and other scanning techniques.
– Treating injuries and illnesses: There are some illnesses and injuries that children experience more frequently than adults, and some of those conditions require different treatment approaches. Pediatricians are responsible for providing appropriate treatment to children and adolescents whenever they need medical attention.
– Health education: As children grow and develop, different matters of healthy living will become relevant to their well-being. Pediatricians monitor their development and educate them on various health education topics to help them lead healthy lives. They also provide guidance for parents on raising healthy children.
– Preventive medicine: Pediatricians provide preventive medicine to children through wellness visits, immunizations, and more so that your child will avoid different illnesses and injuries and so they can catch early signs of illness or injury.
– Managing chronic conditions: Chronic conditions like asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, ADHD, cystic fibrosis, and others are relatively common among children. Pediatricians work to help children manage and cope with these conditions, so they have a minimal impact on their quality of life.
Pediatricians can help your child live a healthy life, providing care for any illness or injury they experience, informing them of age-appropriate health choices they should be making, and ensuring they stay as healthy as possible through preventive medicine.
As children develop, their immune systems also refine themselves. One of the ways your immune system gets stronger is by fighting off different illnesses. Thus, children are more susceptible to illness the younger they are because their immune systems are underdeveloped. In that light, some common childhood illnesses are:
– Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
– Pink eye, also known as conjunctivitis
– Gastroenteritis, or the stomach flu
– Hand, foot, and mouth disease
– Ear infections
– Sinus infections
– Strep throat
Our board-certified pediatrician at Pediatric Associates of Frisco would be happy to meet you and your child if you’re looking for a skilled, caring, and experienced pediatrician to care for your child. Learn more about our services or schedule an online appointment through our website or by giving us a call! We are conveniently located at 9191 Kyser Way, Suite 405, Frisco, TX 75033. We serve patients from Frisco TX, Little Elm TX, The Colony TX, McKinney TX, Prosper TX, Aubrey TX, Oak Point TX, Lakewood Village TX, Plano TX, and Dallas TX.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES YOU MAY NEED
▸ Preterm & Newborn Care
▸ Same Day Sick Visits
▸ Asthma Care
▸ Medical Ear Piercing
▸ Well Care & Immunizations
▸ Sports Physicals
▸ Allergy Services
▸ ADHD Management
▸ Developmental Screening
▸ Vision Photo Screening